Thursday 3 October 2013

Production Diary Week 4:

This week in Media Studies, we have been doing a little more work on our background information for our magazine. Mr Fisher set us the task of creating a mood board, in which we take pictures of artists, iconic albums and other things related to our specific genre. For me, doing indie music was a good choice. This is because im a fan off all different indie bands such as Bastille and Two Door Cinema club. The task itself was simple, but there is a lot of thinking that will go on afterwards. For example, how I could incorporate these different bands and artists into my magzine an other articles that I may write up. The mood board has inspired me to use as much terminology and band names related to Indie music as possible. This will also give me ideas for features such as small reviews or perhaps a write up on what I and other people think about a certain album or song. Here is my mood board if you haven't already seen it: Here is a brief explanation of why I have chosen those specific artists. To start, all of the artists that are on the mood board are ones that I am a huge fan of! I do like many more, but they are my main favourites. As you have probably already seen, I posted a link of a song that Bastille sung. All of these bands have had a huge influence on what genre my magazine was going to be, the band featuring it and the whole feel of the magazine. Before the task of creating a magazine was given, I knew that Indie/Alternative was going to be my genre. The skill, talent and purity of the genre is something that not only makes it enjoyable, but special in so many ways. I hope you enjoyed reading this week. Read next week's diary for another close up of what I am doing with my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment