Monday 23 September 2013

Album cover for my featured band - Roode Pelikaan.

As part of our coursework, we need to include a featured band or artist who we will be writing our main article about. After writing a shortlist of names and deciding for hours for a name, I finally reached my choice - Roode Pelikaan. Dont ask me how I got this name, I'm not even sure of that myself. I want this magazine to not only have a real look to it, but a real feel as well. One way which I plan to do this, is by creating many contextual items such as album covers, single covers and social media accounts for the band. This post is to not only explain my plans, but to show you the first completed extra - The album cover. The album is called "Climbing just to fall". The name and layout of this album cover are simple yet effective. There is no need for a fancy, colourful album cover. The cover depicts a man standing on the edge of a huge mountain. This shows how tiny he is compared to sheer size of the mountain, which is a metaphorical representation of how new bands (Like Roode Pelikaan) have to face up to the biggest challenges as soon as they enter the world of mainstream music. Clever ey? I hope you enjoy looking at this album cover, maybe a few of you will even invest in it... There will be many more posts regarding extra content soon! Connor Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment