Monday 16 September 2013

Production Diary: Week 2 (Premlinary task)

Week two has seen the completion of my preliminary task and it is safe to say that it has turned out to be quite a success. Despite panicking about not having even finished my front cover at the start of the day, I managed to get a lot of work done in the double media lesson which I was able to work in this morning. It was no surprise to me that I had some difficulty, I am not the best with computers or detailed software (I'll leave that stuff to the clever people).But no matter how low on confidence I may be, I managed to pull through it and in good time too. As already mentioned, the whole theme of my preliminary task was to cover the topic of "Cold feet" - an issue which many A level students face. I feel that my magazine has metaphorically linked to the topic with the use of a well taken picture (If I do say so myself). As for the content on my magazine, well - i'll let you be the judge of that - however I did slip in a sly little remark which i'm sure Mr Fisher (Being a southampton supporter) will be happy to see. From the second I started designing this magazine, to the very last letter that was typed onto the page - I knew that I had done a decent enough job at this task. Even though it may not get marked by anybody, it has really given me the confidence to go on and do well in my real task, which is to produce a new music magazine. I may not be the most technically wired person, but I sure do work hard and even though this was a fairly average attempt at a magazine, it just goes to show that with hard work and determination, you can achieve a lot more than you think! Thank you, Connor Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment