Monday 16 September 2013

Preliminary Task evaluation.

Media preliminary task evaluation. Task(s) – to create a front cover and contents page for a fictional school magazine. Front cover: I created my front cover by using Adobe In design. When creating this fictional front cover, I didn’t use too many tools other than “Rectangle” and text and colour changes. The boxes in which the text is written have many purposes. First of all, I have used them to give a more professional look to the magazine, despite the fact that this is a fairly average attempt at one. My second reason for using these boxes is to make the articles and texts stand out to the reader, with not only the use of contrasting colours, but big, vivid shapes that fill up the page. My full bleed image of a fallen signpost is used to metaphorically represent the loss of direction that some students feel when chosing their options. Contents Page: Just like my front cover, my contents page was also created using In design. My full bleed image of St Mary’s gym has no real link to any of the articles, but is still a recent event in the new year. I stuck to the same house style of blue and yellow colours which are not only contrasting colours, but are also the colours of the Haydon School badge. I have written the website along the bottom of the page as it is not particularly important to the magazine, but is a feature which lots of successful magazines have. I have used a main stories column to give a more professional look, as well as including a competition and an editor’s note!

No comments:

Post a Comment